Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Birds

Out in front of our place there is a garden area, (nothing has ever been planted there, but the dirt is there) there is another garden area (flowers are planted in this one) just under our living room window.  The garden area is basically a big garden box. Anyway, there are a bunch of House Sparrows that use the garden area to take dirt baths in. This garden area is about 10 feet from our window and Carrie and I like watching the birds play in the dirt. 


Recently the Birds have been picking at the wood that is holding our air conditioner in. Which means that they are right next to our window. So I decided to place some bread crumbs out on the window ledge and see if I could get some photos of the birds.


Well about a week has gone by and I wasn't able to get anything. Until today that is. I heard them outside playing on the AC so I opened the window a bit and grabbed my camera. After standing motionless by the window for about an hour I finally got a few pictures. They aren't great because I was shooting through the window screen, but I thought I would share the pictures anyway. (and a long story to go with them)



These guys are playing just under our window
He was scared by the shutter sound before he got anything to eat.

Finally I got a picture of the bird eating the bread.




3 comments:

  1. Nice shots!!! Sometimes I wish I could stand by a window for an hour. Thanks for all the great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. standing by the window for an hour probably sounds more glamorous then it really is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to stand by the window for an hour too!Can I send my kids, Bryan included, your way for a while so I can do that?? LOL
    Trish

    ReplyDelete