Saturday, January 17, 2009

baby blanket

I was talking to Mom awhile back about our baby blankets and how the stuffed character was the exact same as the blanket. Well I decided to try my hand at it. I went to the fabric store and they didn't have anything like what I was looking for. So not to be discouraged I went to another fabric store. Where again they didn't have what I was looking for. They did have something that was close though, so I decided to spend my money on it. (I got enough for two just in case I messed up the first one) 

  A few weeks ago I tried to make this blanket. Yup you guessed it I messed it up, pretty badly too. So this past weekend I decided to take a bit more time and try a second time. This time the results where much better. Today I finished the whole project, and while the results aren't as good as I was hoping, they aren't half bad either.

So here are some pictures of the blanket, stuffed character and then one of them together.
Now we just need Maximilian to get here.


8 comments:

  1. Who made it Jared or Carrie? It is really cute. We hope he gets here soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I (Jared) made the blanket. So I can take the criticism. I know it's not the greatest. I thought about making the pictures smaller so that you couldn't see all the little imperfections in the sewing…

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have got to be the coolest dad in the whole world. I admire your ambition. That is just so awesome. I want to be like that some day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very impressed......Now come on baby Max!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet blanket!!! I can't wait to see your little guy. Do you have a middle name yet??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we are going to name him:
    Maximilian Haije Campbell

    and if the doctors are wrong and the baby is a girl I think we are going to name her:
    Elizabeth Frances Campbell

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the banketand the stuffed animail you did a great job that was so cool, and i am so excited for when max gets here. love you all

    ReplyDelete