Monday, May 16, 2011

birthday girl

After the let down on Mother's day I knew I had to make it up to Carrie. So for a combined birthday/mother's day gift, we dropped the kids of at Nanny and Poppy's (thanks again for looking after the little ones for us) and I took her to the most romantic place on earth, the honeymoon capitol of the world, Niagara Falls. We spent the night in a neat little boutique hotel called the Giacomo and Carrie got the one thing she most wanted. A sleep in. Then we went shopping. That's how you can tell I love her. I spent the whole day shopping with her. I think I only complained once or twice (she might tell it differently) when she was looking in kid store after kid store. This day was supposed to be for her. Now on to the photos.

first up is a picture of both of us sitting in the observation deck of the Giacomo


I snuck out early to get some photos of the falls. I was a bit later then I wanted (wanted to be out at 5am but didn't manage to wake up till 6) but still enjoyed my wanna be time (as in wanna be a photographer) :)

falls pic one: this is the observation half bridge on the NY side


falls pick two: this is looking back into Canada


after crossing back into Canada we spent some time walking around the falls area.

Carrie saw these trees and wanted me to take a photo of them. then she took the camera and proceeded to take even more photos of the trees.


this little guy was just sitting so quietly on the branch I just had to take a photo of him.


still haven't done the boat but maybe someday


We were too lazy and hungry to find a way up the hill so we took the cable car. well worth the money.


while waiting for the cable car to go I got this fun little hdr shot of the falls.


Hope you had a wonderful birthday Carrie, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment